Patient Rights and Responsibilities
MedStar Surgery Center is committed to ensuring the following patient rights:
- The right to safe, confidential, and considerate care.
- The right to be informed at the time of the procedure about any treatment which will be performed and the risks and dangers of that treatment.
- The right to privacy concerning your personal care.
- The right to know the facility charges which you will incur for treatment at MSC.
- The right to refuse part or all of the treatment suggested to you at MSC.
- The right to voice grievances and recommend changes in policies to MSC's administration and Board of Directors.
As a patient, you are responsible for:
- Providing an accurate and complete history about your health status.
- Following the treatment plan recommended by your physician.
- Providing an adult to transport you home after general anesthesia, sedation or major anesthetic block.
- Your actions should you refuse treatment or fail to follow instructions.
- Assuring that financial obligations are fulfilled as expediently as possible, and will be responsible for any fees associated with the collection of unpaid balances.
- Your valuables.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
top of page